10.21.2011

do. good stitches october: around the world

{First of all, thank. you. for both sweet and thoughtful comments + emails yesterday.
I think a lot more of us are in the same boat than we realize.}


This month's block for do. good stitches kinda kicked my butt.
We've talked before about how I'm a wonky kinda gal; I am seriously exact-seam-impaired.
Hence, it took me THREE TRIES (three!) before I finally got it right.
I'm sort of glad, though, because I like the final version a lot better.
{the 2nd version didn't make it to the block phase before I made a major cutting boo-boo,
so no picture there. you know what they say about 
measuring twice, cutting once, right? riiiight.}


Unrelated, but I made Lasagna Soup for dinner tonight. 
The girls were wishy-washy about it, but I am in love,
especially with the canned(!) fire-roasted tomatoes. 
Helloooo, how did I not know about these before??


Wishing you a happy weekend. 
Our plans are scant; I might just close up shop and hunker down with the chickies on the couch.
It's feeling like that kind of a weekend.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Your blocks are darling! Too bad you struggled with them, but in the end they are perfect! And I think the soup sounds yummy! Feel free to link up on Tuesdays if you like! http://aquilterstable.blogspot.com/2011/10/tuesday-at-table_18.html

Tom and Sherry said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks. Makes me want to sew. Soup looks fab and hunkering down with chickies sounds divine. Hope it is a sweet weekend. aloha, malia

Jessica E said...

your blocks look great! Honestly, until you said that the first one wasn't right, I didn't even notice! I am similar and have a hard time with straight seems, and my seam ripper is my BFF...

Tom and Sherry said...

Wishing for an impromptu trip to hunker down on the couch with you all.

Jodi Nelson said...

I love those blocks. The colors and fabric choices are awesome.

Diane said...

Oh, what a beautiful pattern! I have this awesome charm pack but I have NO IDEA what to do with it. I won it at a little family quilt gathering. I think I'll make a quilt for baby girl with it, but I so need some inspiration. Any great blogs or websites I should check out for pattern ideas?