8.09.2013

strawberry cream cake + happy birthday to the little man.


Oh, you guys. You need this cake in your life. I hereby resolve to make this cake once every summer until I die. Simple, spongy, flavorful vanilla cake, fresh strawberry halves with more minced strawberries and stovetop-reduced juices hidden inside, and whipped cream/cream cheese/vanilla bean frosting... sigh. It's so good.

The little man is 1 today. He is pulling himself up, getting into everything (especially his sister's toys), cutting more teeth, and being true to his serious little self. I can't believe it's already been a year. How did this happen?

1 comment:

Jen_M said...

I love it when you post recipes. Every time I've made something you recommended, it's turned out awesome (those lemon blueberry muffins you linked to forever ago? I make them all the time.)
Happy birthday to the little man!