5.16.2012

molly peasant, again


The Molly Peasant dress is by far the most-used pattern I've got. It's simple, cute, and runs from 6-12 months to 11-12 years(!). After tinkering with it a bit, I've finally settled on using the width of the fabric (selvage to selvage) for the skirt, gathered to fit the bodice. That allows a little more room for running and playing than the pattern does as written. This time I used cotton gauze for Lizzy's bodice, which was kind of a pain to sew with, but I ended up loving the way it looks, all ruched and pretty, and it's nice and light for summer.

The girls have only wanted to wear dresses since the weather got warm. I love that they like to be girly and flowery, but still dig for worms in the mud and want to spin faster on the merry-go-round than any other kid at the park. Lizzy is going to whup all the boys at kindergarten this fall.

My onions are completely freaking out. If nothing else, we shall have onions.

Maren told me today that I look like a camel.

3 comments:

Simple Simon and Company said...

I love the orange flower fabric--it looks so vintage and cute!

Jentry said...

These look unbelievable! Your girls are getting to be all legs. Will you come down to Lincoln and teach me how to sew? Or just put these dresses up in your shop so I can buy them?

Diane said...

Darling! I love the matchy - but not exactly the same cuteness too! Gotta love that sweet Maren for noticing her mama's growing belly. =)