5.02.2012

zealous.


The next 3 days are supposed to be incredible + then followed by a few days of rain, so I am in full digging mode. I keep reminding myself that I shouldn't get overzealous because the baby is coming smack at the beginning of August, but have you ever tried telling someone (especially yourself) who is in the thick of planning/planting a garden that they shouldn't get overzealous? Yeah-huh.


We were outside at 9:30 this morning running wild with the neighbor kid, worm-hunting and sod-digging and sun-soaking. I am so ready for this.


The most exciting news: SPROUTS! radishes, kale, mesclun, and arugula all popped up overnight and I feel like a brand-new parent all over again. To be fair, Lizzy told me yesterday that the radishes had come up, but it was raining and I didn't go outside at all, and honestly I halfway didn't believe her. Bad mommy.


This is my garden. 8x9. Small. The one area I've managed not to get overzealous. Ask me how big I'm digging the perennial bed along that fence, though. I don't know, because I haven't stopped digging yet.

Some unrelated freakouts:
Bach cello suites by Jorg Baumann. Totally affordable bliss.
Anna Maria's forthcoming All Set Skirt, which is going to cause a freakout all its own around here.
Sistah gettin down in WalMart at 39 weeks pregnant. Freaking rad.
Rachel's hanging map DIY caused the man + me to immediately order a rad map for the living room. Hasn't arrived yet.
Soap re-batching? Why has no one told me about this?

1 comment:

The Faithful City Mouse said...

The lady doing the Ellen dancing is HILARIOUS! I immediately posted it on Facebook! Haha! Thank you so much for sharing, glad you're getting your garden on!