9.27.2012

on my radar: tv and movies

I'm kind of embarrassed about how much TV I've been watching lately, especially for a girl with a KILL YOUR TELEVISION bumper sticker on her car (well, it's my husband's car now -- I got the new car, muahaha). I rationalize it with the I have a new baby card. Kind of the same way I rationalize eating too many desserts with the I'm a nursing mother and it'll make good milk card (is that even true? wait, no, I don't want to know).

* I must live in a cave, because I had no idea that Les Mis was being made into a movie??!!! Eep! The trailer is incredible, but this trailer plus interviews about the singing totally knocked my socks off and has me marching around the house belting out the time is now, the day is heeeeeere!

* Speaking of December movies, who's geeking out on The Hobbit? I re-read the book right after Max was born, during all those middle-of-the-night feedings. Now, at the ripe old age of 7 weeks, he only wakes once or twice a night, and my noble aspirations of reading while nursing have morphed into aspirations of lean-head-back-and-pass-out-until-suction-stops-so-I-can-get-as-much-sleep-as-humanly-possible. Whew.

* DOWNTON ABBEY DOWNTON ABBEY DOWNTON ABBEY!!! First episode of season 3 here. I was planning a predictions-for-season-3 post for December, but I think we'll be doing it next week perhaps? hmm?

* Once Upon a Time on Netflix streaming. I realize I'm possibly the last person on Earth to see this series, and I like it, despite occasionally cheesy acting and a whole lotta ladies (especially in the before/fairy tale land) who need to put their boobs away.

So what else do I need to know about? What have you been geeking out on (TV or otherwise)?

7 comments:

April said...

We are completely on the same page. I can't wait to see Les Mis and The Hobbit. I am addicted to Downton Abbey and my oldest and I like to watch Once Upon A Time. We are both waiting for the season to start on Sunday. Yes, it can be cheesy but it's cheesy fun! Netflix streaming is so lovely.

Give yourself a little bit of slack, you have a new BABY. You need to rest your mind and your body. TV is awesome for that!

Adelina Priddis said...

All of the above! Plus the new movie Lincoln!!

amy smart said...

I have been thinking about you! I hope you are surviving/adjusting well to baby #3 in the house. Life feels a bit crazy, I'm sure. But I'm glad you have The Hobbit and Downton Abbey to help maintain the sanity levels. (I think I reread Jane Eyre for the first time since high school when my 3rd was born. It seemed way more teen-angsty to me. Which is probably why I loved it in High School.)

THanks for the link to the Les Miz trailer - I had not seen that one. Wow. I can. hardly. wait. As if my crush on Hugh Jackman wasn't serious enough.

You are a kindred spirit. Hugs to you and your wee little man!

The Thompsons said...

I love all 4 of those. I'm excited for this Christmas.

Erin Bigler said...

Friday Night Lights! Great acting and the coach and his wife (Eric and Tammy) are probably the most realistic portrayal of a happily married couple I've EVER seen on TV.

A & E said...

hellooooooooooooo lady!
i laughed at the nursing comment-i do exactly the same thing.
i am getting excited for downton abbey. oh ma goodness.

Tom and Sherry said...

Monk. It'll drive you crazy!