4.17.2013

spring cleanup, day one


Today was our first real day in the garden. It was just a little cleanup -- clearing away some leaves, turning the compost, chatting with a neighbor -- but I am amazed at how much it invigorated my soul. I feel alive again in a way I didn't know I was missing. And so much is already growing -- rhubarb, garlic, chamomile, chives, lemon balm, catmint, and horehound -- the early spring troopers, so it would seem. The girls dug for worms for a while, then one scampered off to play with friends at the park while the other settled in for a nap in the sunshine. Now that's an after-garden activity I can get behind.

2 comments:

The Giuliacci Family said...

I can just hear Brian saying, "henh-henh...she said HOREHOUND...henh-henh...

Diane said...

I love the little glimpses of a good day.