6.16.2012

in the garden


* thinned out a few carrots yesterday.
* feeling ready to thin down a bit myself.
* not happening anytime soon.
* loving this canning book and want to make (and eat) everything in it. apricot + vanilla bean preserves? yes please.
* going to the strawberry u-pick next week. so excited.
* have been reading ramona the pest to the girls. they love it, and i love that they are loving it.
* am understanding completely now why my parents picked the single-level house over the two-story house when they knew they'd be having another baby (me).
* clear-cut most of the arugula this week and made a ton of arugula pesto. arugula pesto on grilled cheese = heaven.
* zucchini blossoms! preparing for the deluge.
* happy weekend. i hope it's been a good one. and happy father's day!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I just bought that book, and I am itching to make almost every recipe in it!

The Giuliacci Family said...

WHATEVER, ManTA!! You are NOT huge. I had this picture in my mind of some ginormous belly with massive hips and thighs. You're adorable. So SHUT IT, SPITHEAD!
Love,
your adoring sister

Diane said...

I read Ramona the Pest to Jaden and Elyse as part of preschool. I was amazed at how much they liked it too. And how much they really understood. I love books! Love the belly! So excited to see pics of mister.