9.18.2011

sunday dinner: zuppa toscana + olive levain

While at a church work party last weekend, my friend Tammy served up this amazing soup.
Oh. mah. goodness.


Sausage. Potatoes. Kale. And some cream (mmm).
I could eat it every day for a week.
We had it for dinner tonight with the remnants of some olive levain loaves from earlier in the week.


My sweet man is not a picky eater. But he truly hates, despises, and loathes olives.
So when I asked him last week--
"Love, how disappointed would you be if I made olive bread this time?"
and he said--
"Pretty disappointed."
and then--
"But I know you really really want some. You should make it. Really."
I half-heartedly protested for all of maybe 5 seconds before giving in.
Oh it was so good.

(I think this was one of our last outdoor/barefoot meals for the year. What a beautiful day it was.)

ps! In case you missed it -- I got to guest post for Candace over at Sparkle Power this week while she's busy with her sweet new baby boy. Hop on over for my roundup of freezer meal recipes!

4 comments:

April said...

The soup looks (and sounds) so good. How can you live with someone that hates olives, I mean, seriously, how is that possible? I think that would be a deal breaker. ;)I hope you never move to Italy.

The Posse said...

Mmmmm... Zuppa Toscana! I was gonna make that for dinner tonight... but it's getting moved to tomorrow. Yum! Please send me three, ok, make that five, slices of your olive bread. Bring them when you come to my Zumba class ;)

Jillian said...

OH! We make this all the time. It's so good, and it re-heats wonderfully. AND my crazy (and amazing--he's reading as I type) husband puts it in the blender and sips it like cocoa (Because he's not a fan of sweet things). He adds extra crushed red pepper. But...again...mmmmmm.

Melanie said...

Yes, this soup is the BEST! Sam made it last winter for the first time, and I'm in love with it. I am so glad it have finally gotten nippy again, because I want soup again!