9.06.2011

Two things save my bacon when there's a new baby around here:

via/via

freezer meals (ok, a little Ben & Jerry's never hurts)
and
paper plates.

Yep, I said it. I am shamelessly fair-weather conservationist, at least when it comes to the noxious combination of dirty dishes + new baby + no dishwasher. Ahem.

And what better to put on those beautiful paper plates than a hot, tasty, home-cooked freezer meal? Hmmm? 

I am a huge fan of make-ahead cooking, though I don't do it as often as I'd like. There really is nothing better than remembering on a crazy/busy/lazy day that dinner is already in the freezer. I think our collective autumnal chipmunk genes must be kicking in, 'cause it seems like Pinterest has been swimming in make-ahead links lately. Here is a little roundup of some of my faves. Happy freezer cooking!

Freezable Breakfasts via iVillage
Freezer Meals for Us via Freezer Meals for Us
Freezer-Friendly Meals via What's Cookin, Chicago?
Stocking the Freezer via Annie's Eats
Freezer Meals on the Cheap via A Turtle's Life for Me
Freezer Cooking via Mama and Baby Love
Freezer Meals via Fabulessly Frugal
Best Make-Ahead Meals via Parents Connect
Freezer Meals via It's All Happening
Easy Freezer Meals via Southern Living

(This is how I know I'm getting old: thoughts of owning a chest freezer make my heart beat faster.)

Anybody have some fab make-ahead links or recipes we need to know about?

Thanks for having me over, Candace! I think I speak for everyone when I say we seriously can't wait to meet your sweet little guy!!

No comments: