10.05.2011

design inspiration: michelle armas

I loved my old blog design, but felt like it was time for a change.
{said in wall-e voice} ta-daa!

Designing my own blog has been a goal for a long time, and I am really happy with how it turned out! Simple, clean, and colorful. The color inspiration came from Michelle Armas' delicious painting, Rosalia, which it appears is no longer available.
{Am I wrong? Somebody please tell me I'm wrong!}


I used the Gimp color picker tool to pick a large spectrum of colors from the painting, then used those colors for the text in the new header. This palette makes me drool a little...as much as I like my new blog design, I don't think I'm done with these colors yet!


Color picking in Gimp is easy-peasy and is a great way to translate color ideas into actual designs. It also means you don't have to blindly try to select the perfect colors for your project. You could use this method for Christmas cards, scrapbooking pages, blog/Etsy designs... the list goes on. 

Any color schemes you've been drooling over lately? My paint chip sample collection is accumulating + I'm always on the lookout for new ones...

6 comments:

Debbie said...

So beautiful! Love your new look!

Jeni Baker said...

Gorgeous! :)

A & E said...

oh my freak-i love it. and it's tres bueno that you did it all yourself. way to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely colors! Great job.

Anonymous said...

stumbled upon this site via pinterest... I love it & hope you do too! http://www.photocardboutique.com/blog/category/color-inspiration/

Anonymous said...

love the look of the site. i happen to have in my very closet a michelle armas original that she painted for us to sell for our adoption fund. it's got all those colors. i'll email you the link. it's in the give1 shop, which opens tuesday, but you my dear, get a sneak peek. ;)