10.27.2011

ed emberley art

 Is there anything better than Ed Emberley during the baby's naptime?
{I mean, other than the preschooler consenting to take a nap, too.
But we all know that that is a pipe dream.}
I think not.

I tried this with Lizzy about 6 months ago and she didn't really get it. But I think something magical happened recently where she has started to draw with much more intent. 
Making teeth and hair and ears and mittens and creepy 3-eyed, 4-legged creatures. 
See that spider in the lower right corner? I'm, like, bursting with pride. 

I got pretty into it, too:
I think my favorites are the crab and the sleeping guy.
And get this -- I just found out there's a line of Ed Emberley fabrics coming out in the spring! (!!!)

Have a happy day, from our family to yours!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE THIS! Thanks so much for sharing : )

The Thompsons said...

Those are adorable!

Jennifer J said...

I like the crab and the angry guy at the end of the top row. This is a fun post. Thank you for the smile!

Anonymous said...

I totally <3 Ed Emberley!

Tina said...

You have enlightened me, and gives me some ideas to keep 4 yr old happy and busy during 2 yr old's nap time. I don't know if he is ready to do this, he usually scribbles on a piece of paper in less than five seconds and calls his masterpiece a monster. I love seeing Lizzie's creativity in the drawings.

Anonymous said...

Yup, super cute! Gonna have to try...

Brandi said...

This is really cute! I definitely want to try this with my son! Thanks for sharing!