7.15.2012

indiana vacay

This is one of those picture-happy posts that's more for the grandmas than anybody else. I, of course, think my kids are outrageously cute and couldn't possibly pare it down to any less than this. We had a great time in Indiana; there were cousins, water fights, lake-swimming, board games, and tire swing rides. Our drive out (12 hours straight through) was miraculous and I only had to make one threat to the back seat crowd the whole time. The way back was a little different; somewhere in Pennsylvania I told R that I now understand why it is that some species eat their young. We also listened to some Mercy Watson stories (over. and over. and over) in the car, which convinced both girls that their new favorite food is, like Mercy's, hot toast with a great deal of butter on it. Lucky for them, Grandma was an unfalteringly willing hot-toast-with-a-great-deal-of-butter-on-it-maker. Thanks, Grandma.


3 comments:

April said...

Oh, I miss Indiana so, so much. How nice that you could have a vacation before the baby is born!

Diane said...

I love posts with pictures, so it's really not just for the Gmas. I love seeing your gorgeous girls! Can't wait until there's a little man in the mix.

Lizzi said...

I love that your girls wanted hot toast with butter after reading the book. How fun =)

I really appreciate your blog. Thanks for sharing so many special moments for us to enjoy.

If you like poetry, feel free to check out my blog (or not, I don't mean to spam you). If you would like to come for a little visit, here's the link:
http://lizzispointofview.blogspot.ca