7.14.2012

it's the great kale, charlie brown


Golly, we've got a lot of kale. Swimming in it. Yesterday we clear cut a ton and froze it, following directions from Not Martha. I like the way she does it, so it's not just a solid block of greens, but a bunch of smaller pieces so you can pull out a handful for soup or whatever.


Also loving:

:: flowers from the garden, looking so happy on my kitchen windowsill
:: The Patron Saint of Liars -- one of those books I wind up snitching off to read during every spare 30 seconds
:: peaches. lean-over-the-sink, juice-to-your-elbow peaches.
:: cool evening breeze
:: baby in 3 weeks or so, trying not to fool myself into thinking he's showing up any earlier than that.

3 comments:

A & E said...

Helloooooo lady-soon to be Mama of 3! Thanks for the book recommedation; I need something new for our trip. And way to go on having a bounteous harvest. Kale is so choice, I do love it. I love Lizzie's face in the pics.

Tom and Sherry said...

The missies are adorable. Truly.

Melanie said...

Peaches...juice down to elbows..mmmm! Peach season out West can't come soon enough!!

And I can't wait for your little boy to come! Yay!