7.31.2012

summer flowers are nice


Lizzy must have picked up some kind of flower-arranging gene from my sister Betz, because she has a serious knack for it that didn't come from Richard or me. Give her free reign in the garden, and that girl will come up with something both gorgeous and inventive every single time. Tonight she streaked into the house hollering, "Mama! Mama! Come and see your surprise!" She'd carefully arranged marigolds, cosmos, dill, daisies, yarrow, and geraniums into a perfectly beautiful ring around the table, all ready for dinner.

The sunflowers are a happy reminder of last Friday, when I got a babysitter so I could go to my OB appointment solo, have lunch out at the inimitable Bombay Duck Pickle Cafe, and garner sideways glances (and some outright stares) while trundling out of the farmer's market, fully 9 months pregnant, with an enormous armload of sunflowers.

We're keeping busy. Trips to the beach, trips to the $1 kids' movies, endless kitchen experiments, playdates, OB appointments, on and on. Having fun plans makes me not mind waiting around for this kid a little longer. As in, he can't come today, I've got peaches to can! Thursday we're planning on visiting the farm where the Bombay Duck lady gets her produce, hoping to score some tasty grass-fed beef, so I really do hope baby boy can wait until after that.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Giuliacci said...

Awww...Please tell Lizzy it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tina said...

Lizzy is so creative. I love it. And it sounds like you are keeping quite busy even in the final weeks of pregnancy. You go lady! If only I had that kind of energy! Good luck!

Tom and Sherry said...

We love Lizzy's creativity and mama's eye for beauty.

Diane said...

You are WAY more patient than I am about him getting here. I keep checking back hoping I'll see a tiny bundle just waiting for me to gawk at, but it looks like I'll have to wait . . . however, I do know you had plans for Miss Lizzy's due date and she decided to make her entrance then. Love the flowers! CUTIE GIRL!