7.24.2012

squishy cheeks


Somehow I managed to convince the kids tonight that blackberry picking in the weeds at the park counted as dessert. They were jazzed. It was worth every scratch, poke, and insect bite. This one's a vision, ain't she? I felt so blessedly content tonight to waddle along after the girls as they scampered up and down the woodline, hollering out every new blackberry patch find, reaching out with juice-stained hands to pluck more, more, more. I thought about coming back with a basket to get enough to bake something with, but you just really can't beat fresh blackberries right from the bush, now, can you?

3 important things:

* This post is taking forever to write because I keep pausing to take mind-blowing bites of these muffins
* NPR's list of finalists for the best YA fiction ever.
* This girl is so nonchalant about stuff. Soundlessly makes a bunch of faces for the camera, then walks away without a word. 


See, I told you. Only the important stuff around here.

2 comments:

Kar said...

You gotta love squishy cheeks and funny faces. So cute!

Jen_M said...

So... thanks for the link to that muffin recipe! I had a box of blueberries in my co-op basket this morning, and came straight home and made them. Best blueberry muffins I've ever made, by far!