6.04.2011

easy saturday lunch: leftovers omelet


If I were going to be stranded on a desert island and could take one cookbook with me, it'd be Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. (Provided that desert island has a kitchen. And a grocery store.)

Not so much because his recipes are great (though they are), but because the man is a food-idea MACHINE. Especially when it comes to ideas about how to use leftovers.

My leftovers, in this case: grilled sweet potatoes and roasted onions/garlic/peppers. And some arugula for good measure. I wasn't sure that all those things together would taste good in an omelet. But they did. Oohhh, they did.

The girls were not interested, but this was good, because there was more for me. I'm feeling some omelet adventures coming on.

1 comment:

sariah said...

I came over from Sew Mama Sew and I love your blog! I've been in the omelet mood lately (trying to eat less carbs) and I'll have to try out your idea of a bit of sweet potato mixed in. Recently pepper jack, mushrooms, spinach and zucchini have been a nice combo.