6.03.2011

pie face

We were at an Army meeting the other night where the guys had the chance to bid on pies to throw at their leadership. They'd been out in the field (i.e. camping + blowing stuff up) for a few days, so they were greasy and needed showers anyway.

(Fundraising with men. It works.)


My man was one of the first to go, which was a good thing, because it got ugly a little bit later. His pie (a plate full of whipped cream and chocolate syrup) was worth $35 to this particular soldier. Not bad, love!




Good follow-through, Shelby. See the whipped cream still flying in that last one?

This guy was towards the end, poor soul. That's when they started mixing in condiments/leftovers from the BBQ dinner. Like I said. Men.


Also, I made the Utah Salad Special for the BBQ pot luck and the single soldiers completely flipped their wigs. 

Single girls, if you wanna win a dude, make him this, stat.

Or just make it for yourself and forget the guy. 

Either way works.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I laughed so hard when I clicked on the recipe. Yes, the Utah norm - cool whip, marshmallows, fruit, pudding - and we call it a side dish. And yeah, I can see that working really well with men, and 12 year old boys, and my four year old son, and . . . =)