6.30.2011

pretty blouse faq




Okey dokey! I've had a few questions about the Pretty Blouse pattern, so I hope you'll find this helpful (I'll add to this as new issues arise):
  • Printing the pattern to scale. If you print directly from the current link on SMS, you will find that the 1-inch test box on page 3 prints at 1.25 inches. No bueno. I am working with SMS to provide a link that will download the pattern at the correct scale, no monkeying around required. If you're the impatient type (ahem), you'll need to monkey around with scaling options before you print the whole shebang. 
  • The correct layout for the sleeve pattern pieces. On the pattern piece layout guide (page 2), it looks like there are only 2 sleeve pattern pieces. There are actually 3. I just forgot to change it.
  • Fitting the pattern pieces together. You may have to fudge it a little. I tried to be very exact, but it is my first pattern, so it's been a (big) learning experience. 
Thank you so much(!) for all your sweet e-mails, comments, and pins. I was so so so so nervous about sending this pattern out into the blogosphere, and despite the scaling issue, all the good vibes have made me braver to try doing another pattern in the future!

Also, let's have a HUGE SHOUT OUT to my amazing, patient, brave, wonderful pattern testers, Jessica, Kara, Leisel, and {i love you all, but especially} my rad sis in-law Bev, whose sewing ninja skillz are, like, epic. No really.

Woah, is it Thursday already? Geesh. Happy sewing, everyone!

4 comments:

La Chili said...

Hi there, thanks for the explanation, but I'm confused, I already printed from the SMS blog, it's only the page 3 wrong or there are others?

Thank you, love the pattern and I can't wait to try it.

Amanda Fetters said...

La Chili, the error is just on page 3. The diagram says that there are only 2 pieces to the sleeve, when there are actually 3 pieces to the sleeve. Thank you!

niema said...

hi there,

just wanted to say thanks for the free pattern. i just finished my shirt...i used the pattern even though the scale was off. it worked out just fine :)

great job! i love this shirt!

Amanda Fetters said...

Thank you so much, neemie! :)