6.06.2011

here's to a happy week

Rough weekend.

ER Friday. Burst ovarian cyst (apparently). Plus a bad cold.

Took 3 naps Saturday, then slept 8 hours that night. (that part was kinda nice. thanks, love.)

Stumbled out of bed Sunday feeling rather better.

Very happy to be up and doing today.

Highlight of the weekend -- see what I found by our mailbox??!


Asparagus!! Most of it has already gone to seed (drat), but I'll be ready to pounce next spring.

Here's to a better week. I've got some exciting stuff going on this week -- today I'm excited about a couple of new pieces in the shop that I made from regular vintage fabric (as opposed to bed linens). I have so many design ideas floating around in my head -- more on that later this week!

Hope you are well. Smooch smooch!

11 comments:

April said...

Sorry to hear about your ER visit. I've heard that's painful! Glad you're feeling better.

Dominoe said...

I'm sorry Amanda! Good girl for resting it up over the weekend (and Yay for a hubby that let you rest)! Glad you're on the mend.

Sara said...

Youch my friend!! Hope you are doing much,much better now:)

Sending some hugs your way;)

TotallyContent said...

Glad you are feeling better and that my brother took care of you. :) I sure love ya.

The Thompsons said...

Ouch. That's no fun. Hope you're feeling better.

Tom and Sherry said...

Love your pretty flowers and lace skirt!

SAMZE said...

Oh my! I hope you are feeling better! I can't believe that you're already back on-line! About 10 years ago I had an ovarian cyst that luckily was caught before it burst. They removed it and told me it was the size of a softball! Gaaaah!

Get some rest! Take care!!!

megan&steve said...

the ER? Oh no! I'm so sorry. I've been resting a ton this weekend too, trying to get over my cough and get my voice back. My mom and youngest sister have been the biggest helpers here with the kids.

Diane said...

Oh! Awful! In college a girl had an ovarian cyst burst during church and she fainted - it must be painful. I'm so sorry to hear about that! I'm glad you had a chance to rest too.

Your new pretties in the shop are beautiful! Love the top!

cc said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this (and sorry that I'm so late in reading it!) That IS a rough week! Hope you're doing better! Sending healing vibes your way.

Jerie said...

No fun! I'm behind on my lurking, obviously. Love you, prayers that you're feeling better . . .