1.17.2012

away

My amazing, sweet, generous, understanding man sent me on a little mini-vacation for part of the weekend. I left in the middle of a giant snowstorm, got lost a couple of times, but settled into my {amazing} room at the Sarah Beth guest house with nary a qualm about being, well, cooped up. You know, by myself. 

It was my first time ever way from my little ones overnight. I thought of them -- I called them to hear their little voices and to say goodnight -- and I was so happy to see them the next day -- but let's just say that I wasn't shedding any tears. I painted, wrote, watched HGTV/Food Network {we don't have tv at home so that was, like, epic}, listened to old favorite tunes, wandered the house with camera in hand, drank tea, and ate pastries.

It was perfect.

7 comments:

The Thompsons said...

How fun! Yay! What a great way to rejuvenate.

April said...

We all need a little break sometimes. It's wonderful to get away, relax, and enjoy the silence. The place you stayed at looks fantastic!

Melissa said...

What a sweet and thoughtful man you have:) I am glad you got a refreshing break to just be.

Diane said...

The house looks amazing. It's always easier to be a better happier woman if we've had time to rejuvenate. So happy you had this time for yourself.

The Hungry Crafter said...

This looks WONDERFUL! What a thoughtful husband. Love your photos -- I feel like I got a bit of a vaca vicariously...thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

GOOD MAN. 1000 points. :)
We ask the hotel before staying there if they have food network. It's qualification :)

Anonymous said...

what a lucky gal you are! how wonderful to take some time out!!