1.31.2012

god moving


I have been totally smitten this last little while with art journaling.
It is hard to move past -- there's no rules -- anything goes --
but I am starting to wrap my mind around it.
I love experimenting with different mediums that I don't properly "know" how to use
{i always wanted to go to art school}
-- tearing, pasting, painting, smudging --
and the freedom that color and dimension and no-lines-to-write-on bring.
Daisy Yellow is a blog that has been helpful in many ways --
supply suggestions, prompts, ways to get past blank-page panic.
Most of my pages so far have been pretty, well, personal, but one night I did this page
and felt such a sense of calm and peace while I drew and colored and meditated on those beautiful words.
What about you? Do you want to try it?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I've done some art journaling over the years. Most recently I've been Smash booking (in my own way!)

http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp.blogspot.com/2012/01/made-by-you-monday-smash-book-my-way.html

chris said...

I would love to try this. I haven't painted for a while, and this would be a good way to start.

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

oooh...i love this!
i bought myself a new spiral bound journal and some pens at the start f the year and i have done nothing with them yet. until now that is.
you've inspired me friend. thank you!!

Lora said...

really beautiful!!