5.16.2011

pretty blouse, coming along


The mumu has found its match. So excited! I decided to make the pattern for this blouse in 3 sizes (S/M, L, and XL), but since it's the first pattern I've ever made and there are bound to be some screw-ups, it's definitely going to be free. I'm really worried that something is going to be horribly wrong with it (like maybe I'm shaped like Quasimodo and so it won't fit anyone else right?), but hopefully it will all be ok. (You can see the first Pretty Blouse right here.) Hoping to have it finished by the end of the week!

What's on your work table this week?

7 comments:

Anna said...

it looks beautiful!

kathleen said...

oh that's pretty! i'm excited, I love yokes and this style shirt is just perfect. I can't wait to see your pattern, and thank you for making it free!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the mumu! You go, gurl! xox/m

Sara said...

I used to have a red mumu just like this 10 years ago! Except I actually wore it as a dress...I had dreadlocks then and could get away with a lot of fashion no-no's! I always loved the colors and embroidery of these garments, glad you put them to good use. Looking forward to your pattern! I am obsessively making maternity clothes right now and this looks like it would fit the bill. Thanks for sharing!

Leisel said...

oh! i love this shirt! can't wait for the pattern. . .

leisel
brown paper packages

Rebekka Seale said...

Oh my gosh. So cute!

Taylor {Sew Much Love} said...

Hi! I just found you when my jaw dropped at how much I loved this top on the Spring top week flickr pool! Just wanted to say thanks for the pattern, I'm SO trying this! It's adorable!!