11.04.2011

happy little moments




loving the organized chaos of tape-shape games on the floor 
coloring more than ever as the wind blows colder and the days get shorter
double-suckering it on Halloween night
recovering from Maren's {blessedly} brief encounter with whooping cough
strumming on my newly rented autoharp -- and loving our new daily singalongs 
thrilled with Erin's new blog header, designed by yours truly
still giggling about Lizzy's teasing comment {and little sister's horrified response} while Maren was sitting on the potty: "Maaaa-ren, there's jeeeellyfish in the potty..." 
grateful for Rachel's thoughts about why we like what we like -- and do I really like it?
chopping my hair today after a 4-week attempt to grow it to chin length
wondering what will become of the bushel of apples that somehow made it onto my kitchen counter
excited about Katy's Once Upon a Thread project coming up this month
even more excited about a certain man of mine who's coming home tomorrow after 4.5 solid weeks in Army training
savoring the well-timed message of this video {which also made me cry} -- it's time to slow down.


{psst... don't forget to link up to the pin-did challenge if you've done something Pinterest-inspired lately!}

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the video! Made me cry a little too. Definitely need to slow down...getting there is going to be a challenge.

April said...

Such cute pictures. Your girls are darling.

I'm so glad to hear that Maren is well and Lizzy didn't catch it. I've read that whooping cough can go on for weeks and weeks and is just miserable.

That's great that your hubby is coming home tomorrow!

You are blessed.

simple.beautiful.lady. said...

Thank you for posting that video. I needed the reminder today.

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing. I have been trying to focus on the little things, and boy does it make life so much more enjoyable!
I, too, would be horrified if there was a jellyfish in my toilet {ha, ha}
Hope you are enjoying time with your man! Having time away makes you appreciate him that much more, don't you think?

Diane said...

=)You make me happy A!

Anonymous said...

precious moments, your girls are darling. love that video too!