3.15.2012

cement gray + my dad rocks the house


My dad rocks, friends.  r o c k s.
Not only did he fly across the country solely to paint my house,
not only did he babysit at least 3 times,
not only did he take us to dinner and buy us {me} Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy, shoo me upstairs for a nap every day for a week, do the dishes, take the girls to the park, go half blind by painting the china cabinets semi-gloss YELLOW {no really, Benjamin Moore Yellow. just yellow}, manage the disaster of our very first Unauthorized Sibling Haircut without losing his mind {more on that later, too}... 
he's just so rad. So totally rad.
And I love him.
Thanks, Dad. Mwah.

The walls are Cement Gray with Dove White trim, both Benjamin Moore. I went through a laughable number of gray paint samples. Stonington. Abalone. Dolphin Fin. Ashes. Porpoise. Barren Plain. I was torn about spending so much on paint (Ben is not cheap), but it covers so well, which we really needed on these walls. I would have ended up spending just as much on extra paint for a second coat if I'd picked a lesser quality paint. Cement Gray is so lovely. Not too brown, not too blue, no funky pink overtones, just calm and cool and lovely. I'm so excited to get curtains and artwork up.

8 comments:

Lora said...

i love the grey! and it looks so good against the white molding. :)

A & E said...

it looks fab lady.
and your dad does rock.
parents are cool.
i'm eating my second jar of nutella, and i'm almost out-such a bummer. :)

chris said...

What a wonderful dad! The gray is perfect.

Tara said...

Love the color! We are painting our dinning room sheet metal grey tomorrow with my three girls helping! What a sweet dad you have!

Jennifer J said...

I have to envy you your dad. When my girls and I were on the verge of losing our place to live, I asked my dad for help (Co-signing a student loan). He said no, because if, at some time far off in the future, when he would probably be dead (he has heart disease and is in his 70's) - if I didn't make my payments, he would have to cut down on the amount of golf he plays, or the number of times he can go out for dinner in a week. So it was just fine with him if we were homeless. God took care of things, however, and we now not only still have our home, but we have a successful business that pays the bills. Give your dad some extra hugs from me. I'd love to have a dad like him.

The Thompsons said...

Yay, Uncle Tom! It was so fun to see you guys!

Melanie said...

I LOVE it! And I can't wait for more and more details and photos! How fun!

Diane said...

. . . and when he rocks the house, he rocks it all the way down! The paint looks amazing! I love seeing you make your home your own. =)