3.28.2012

hitting the barf bucket


i don't know whether it's sadder to watch a 2 year-old barf who doesn't know how to barf {it's messy, see} or to have her decked out on the couch like this for a whole day and not want to move. barf bucket close at hand {i knew we saved that joint compound bucket for a good reason}.


killing me. but i won't deny enjoying the unlimited snuggle time.


lizzy had it first. then maren got it. and mama was not spared, nopeity-nope. so not fun.
and then the neighbor kid got it from us, for which i feel like a worm of a human being.
but at least the 3 of us all did our puking at different times, which was a blessing. 
all 3 of us puking simultaneously would have been a nightmare.


on the bright side, it was super short-lived. we slept it off. and slept. and slept some more.
AND i got my curtains up. yeah, color!

8 comments:

April said...

Awwww...poor little girls, and poor you! I hate throwing up more than just about anything else. I'm glad that you're all well again.

Love your curtains! (:

A & E said...

oh, puking is so sad! especially for little peeps that don't understand why this is happening to their little bods. and poor you, sorry lady! no fun.

am freaking out about your curtains! love the bright colors. what is the fabric in your living room?

Rachel said...

Poor cute little barfing Maren!
The curtains are to die for. Ok not REALLY, but you know what I mean! Glad you are all feeling better!

megan&steve said...

Christmas break 2011 Jake, Abby and I all woke up within 2hours of each other puking. We Layed in the bathroom with our trash can and took turns using it. When I told Jake we must have caught a bug he told me that he didn't even eat any bugs. It was a sad night for the three of us.

April G said...

Aw, poor kiddo (and you)! We got hit with the stomach bug a couple of weeks ago, and I just had to be grateful it was only me and my 3 year old who got it.

Tina said...

Having the sickies is not fun! So sorry! On another note, I'm loving how your house is coming together!!

Diane said...

Oh no! MAREN! Poor girl, she looks so sad. So sorry you've been sick. My sista has been dealing with the same thing this week. I'm hoping to stay away from it.

Molly @ Blonde Out Loud said...

Oh the poor sweet thing! Hope she feels better soon!