3.01.2012

good / bad

bad. stepped in {clean} toilet at 11 pm last night.
good. slipper dry after sitting on the heating vent all night.
bad. this is the same slipper with which i stepped on the primer can lid and tracked primer all over the floor.
good. rocking my goals {thanks for the encouragement!}.
good. snacking so much healthier lately + the girls love taking "lunch boxes" in the car.
bad. deny my children sweets but then stuff myself with sweets the second they've gone to bed.
or the second their backs are turned.
good. me and my rad sis in law Amber are totally on the same page about this.
good. discovered an {{uh-may-zing}} tower of safety-orange metal shelves in the basement.
bad. shelves are covered in rust. attempting to fix. the cat is supportive.
bad. splashed self in the face with lemon/borax mixture immediately after thinking how terrible it would be to splash oneself in the face with lemon/borax mixture. 
good. I suddenly realized how totally chic this pipe/hand rail is that goes down to the basement.
we are totally rocking the vintage-modern industrial vibe.
good. haircut and target run tomorrow, in which I will undoubtedly fulfill this recurring prophecy.
good. mint nail polish. revlon minted.
good. had the best library day.
good. but also kind of sad. random man in checkout line asked, "are you really going to read all of those books to your children?" then told me how jealous he was because his mom never read to him.
it was a weird moment of mixed sadness/go-me.
good. THE BASEBOARDS ARE ON! see them? see them??
good. have finally picked a gray paint color. can't remember the name right now. i have lost track of how many samples i've gone through. ask me for synonyms for "gray" and you'll get an earful.
good. happy almost-weekend!

9 comments:

Emily A. said...

I like this posting....at least you are pretty even between good and bad. I have a can of "gray" paint...want the left overs...LOL And your baseboards look great :)

chris said...

Hooray for baseboards and all the good...it sounds like it outweighed the bad. :)

Jax said...

perhaps a way to make the sweets thing into a good?: let your kids have one little treat a day, they choose when (empowerment) but they can't ask for more or they don't get any the rest of the week. or, they can turn in a weeks worth of tiny treats for a way awesome 1 (cake or brownies or something). have a picture of the treat next to the candy eating area with a bowl for them to deposit in. and participate! :D
-Lisa I

April said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. That Target cartoon is RIGHT ON.

Jillian said...

On the Good/Sad comment...I was checking out of the library and the LIBRARIAN asked me why I had so many kids books and so few for myself. I told her I got most of my kicks reading to them. She then proceeded to tell me she wished she'd actually read to her kids, because then maybe they'd like books as much as she did. She admitted she made them go play while she read to herself. :( I mean, c'mon! My librarian didn't read to her kids!

Jillian said...

One more thing...how did you step IN the toilet?

ZB said...

Yah, HOW exactly does one step IN a toilet. You are very tall.

I love this. I am dying to see your house. It looks super fabulous.

Baseboards look great. As does the chic pipe rail. Oh the treasures you are finding!

Tom and Sherry said...

I heart those GIRLS!

Anonymous said...

ahahah I think it's kinda funny u stuff yourself with candies once they don't look =)