3.27.2012

choosing minty paint


Since we bought this house, I've become a huge believer in paint samples.
Lots of them.
lots. of. them.
So many that the guy at the hardware store laughs when you walk in the door. Ah-gain.

Picking a minty color isn't anywhere near as trying as gray was, but I'm still glad I laid down the $20 to figure out which color I really love most {'cause, it turns out, the color I would have bought if I hadn't done any samples turned out to be my very least favorite of them all, ahem cremedemint}.

The colors are all a little wonky with the lighting when I took that picture, but you get it. Peridot has just the right balance of whu-bam and ahhh. Figuring out the right color makes me feel much more motivated to get in the bathroom and patch up the walls so I can paint!

{sea glass by glidden. marina bay + creme de mint by benjamin moore. peridot, spring stream, + herbal mist by behr. see my bathroom inspiration gallery here.}



7 comments:

Kara said...

Love the peridot - that's what I chose as a favorite before I even read the text of your post!

Dominoe said...

Peridot was my favorite too. Can't wait to see more of your remodeling!

Sarah said...

I thought you were going to ask for opinions and my initial thought was that peridot was my favorite. Great choice! :D

ZB said...

Ditto! To what you and all the others have said. And yes, I chose it BEFORE I completed the reading. Makes me feel somewhat..."in"

Tom and Sherry said...

Great colors. I favor the Behr colors you've chosen, too. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Better yet...save it for T. He'll do it for you!

Erin Bigler said...

I like "Herbal Mist" myself. Can't wait to see the finished product!

colimachia said...

before I read far enough down I had picked Peridot as my favorite! Good choice, it's pretty!