7.07.2011

garlic-rosemary grilled butterflied chicken


I had been thinking to myself, "Hum, that chicken sure is smelling chickeny!" and somehow didn't think to check on it. Good one, 'Manda. Sigh. Lucky for us, Richard thought of the burgers in the freezer, and dinner was saved.

Anyway, that was not on the 4th, but I'm still not quite over the red white + blue thing. We spent the 4th with friends, eating Mexican food and cupcakes and chit chatting while our kids peed played in the kiddy pool (at one point Maren trotted up to Richard and declared, "Daddy, I PEE PEED!!"). Awesome.

We have been summering it up around here with swimming lessons, library visits, late bedtimes, and popsicles on the porch. Summertime is amazing here -- it's usually in the high 70s or low 80s. Seriously the most beautiful summer of my life. Hope you are enjoying yours!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

That looks about the way my beans did.....I dropped the whole crockpot of beans on our garage floor, the lid shattered, crockpot broke, beans everywhere. I was so sad.

April said...

High 70's or low 80's? You're KILLING me. That sounds PERFECT. So do the cupcakes and Mexican food.

Diane said...

Hahahaha! My kids keep asking me "What is that? Is it a pig? Is it a spider?" No, that's chicken guys. Garlic Rosemary chicken sounds pretty good though. =)

Kate said...

I just started following your blog and have enjoyed what I've seen! I had to comment because I have a little Maren, and we don't hear about many others...and your chicken made me laugh!

Tom and Sherry said...

I'm so happy that summer is wonderful in your corner of the country. A nice surprise, I think.

SBB said...

That chicken is awesome!

Sara said...

Love it. Especially pee in the pool. Story of my life. Your summer is sounding pretty darn good so far! Just found your blog and love it. :)