7.11.2011

simplest curtain tutorial(ish)

So, I hesitate to call this a tutorial, 'cause there's not much in the way of bright ideas going on here.
But then I remember when we were newlyweds -- wait, can I show you?? aawww --


(look at his beard!!! what a hippy!)

I desperately wanted to make curtains for the storage room in our little basement apartment (oh the spiders! *shudder*) but had no idea how. I think I spent like 3 days on the Internet, trying to figure out how to make some simple curtains. In the end, my first curtains looked terrible (I had no measuring tools, so the hem slanted at about a 40-degree angle), but I was so proud!

My point is, curtains are really not rocket science. So, if there's anyone out there who wants to get their feetsies a little bit wet with a little home dec sewing, this is about as simple as it gets...


...And then you'll have a cozy little curtain!


I'll be back tomorrow with a sweet new feature: Sisters in Service! Our first special guest is super exciting + it's gonna be awesome!

5 comments:

Leisel said...

is that string lake in grand teton national park? i grew up in jackson, wyoming. fun lake.

smiles,

leisel

Jeni Baker said...

Hehe, such a cute shot!

Love quick projects like that! And yours turned out awesome! Vintage-y goodness :)

Unknown said...

(claps) Bravo! I made my own curtains using basically the same idea. Its so easy to whip them out!

Dalya said...

Awesome idea! I made my curtains a few months ago similar like this ;D! They came out awesome and so did yours!
Love your sense of humor, can't get enough!

Serious score on that granny square afghan!

Diane said...

I love the pic because I'm pretty sure I've seen it before and it gives me happy feelings and little "comforts of being home" sighs.