2.17.2012

art journal: recent pages

{wanting to dive into mandalas but feeling indimidated. tons of inspiration here.}
{heart of romaine printed with acrylic over watercolor.}
{silver gelly over acrylic. practicing blending blue + red into purple.}
{recipe via eating for england. the best lunch!}
{mod podge is my very favorite adhesive/sealer/transfer medium/all-powerful magic spell so far.}
So loving this art journaling. 
I feel a little bit freer every time, and I find myself expressing thoughts and feelings that for some reason, I never would have written down in a traditional journal.
Especially when it comes to babies and things.
{august, y'all.}

9 comments:

Toni said...

Congratulations!! This journal is so beautiful, but that last picture might be the most fun!

April said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congrats Amanda! That's so exciting!

A & E said...

happy bebe #3! woot woot!
i love this journaling-it's inspiring. way to go woman.

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

OOooooh, congratulations!!!

I am loving these peeks into your art journal. You have such a great eye for color and design and, well, the whole shebang, really. Rock on, sister.

Tom and Sherry said...

Awww!

Dalya said...

I love the style of this journal. Kinda makes me go crazy to see the ones that are so OCD organized, ugh!

And congrats on the new bun in the oven, hehe! Best wishes and hopes! ;D

Diane said...

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome! Another August baby! I love your colorful world! (and thanks for the GIMP tutorials, I love GIMP & never would have tried it otherwise.

Diane said...

PS: I think that's the most creative announcement I've seen!