2.03.2011

favorite five

Hi everyone! We've been busy.



Today I want to share some of my favorite blogs with you. They are all a little bit different, but their similarities jump out instantly: color, positivism, beautiful images, and good design. These ladies' blog posts always make me want to make my home and/or my attitude a little bit prettier and worthwhile to hang around:

Blessed Little Nest
Heather (who is also a knockout designer) blogs about finding the loveliness in everyday life, and runs the series Life Made Lovely each Monday. She shares images from her beautiful, bright, ever-changing home, real moments with her children, and luscious crafty inspiration.

Contented Sparrow
If I could nab anybody's decorating style, it would be Megan's. Her home exudes cheerfulness and creative refuge. Faith, homeschooling, and nature are frequent topics, and I always leave Megan's blog a little more determined to recognize and embrace the little gifts He gives.

ISLY
An acronym for "I Still Love You," Melissa celebrates her love of art, crafting, and design every day, even though she's had to push her hobbies over a little since having kids. Her calligraphy is to die for (check out her freebies page), she has serious thrifting ninja skills, and she knows how to put together cute, affordable outfits, even when 9 months pregnant. Her approachable, can-do vibe that makes me feel like I can do cool stuff, too.

Soule Mama
I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to be a fly on the wall at Amanda's house. She writes frequently about mindfulness -- always striving to slow down and savor the simple moments for what they are. They've recently moved into the farmhouse of their dreams, and it is a pleasure to watch as they settle in with their four (soon to be five) kids, flock of chickens, and pair of pigs, crafting it into a most inspiring and beautiful home.

Oh, Hello, Friend
Every post on Danni's gorgeous blog is eye candy. Her site is chock-full of inspiration, which comes in the form of home dec, handmade goods, themed photo roundups (get a load of her post on drawers), and design work. Clean, fresh, and lovely.



I hope you find a few good reads! Please link to more must-not-miss blogs in the comments!

6 comments:

Brie said...

Geez, when was the last time you posted a picture of that girl?! I don't even recognize her with all that hair!

Vindie said...

Love this post. M is so cute! I can't believe she is getting so old! Your blog is one I frequent and fills me with hope, smiles, and determination to someday be as artist as you! Keep up the posts!

S said...

I want that baby! Now...before she grows any more!!

Erin Bigler said...

I love following Jordan and her family on her blog "My Angle of Repose" http://my-angle.blogspot.com/

and my friend Errin who is blogging about her efforts to lose 100 lbs this year. I love her attitude, humor, and writing style.
http://thincrediblejulk.blogspot.com/

jenn said...

When did that little gal get so big? I am so sad! She is so cute! We met a family whose Mama is Amanda and has a daughter Maren....Chloe put the two together....of course Caleb said, "But they don't have my best friend Lizzy." we miss you guys.

Melissa Esplin said...

Ooo, Blessed Little Nest is new to me! Her style is adorable. Thanks for the heads up & for including me in the mix!!

Cheers!