2.05.2011

new ways to stay up late



I am just hopping with excitement. Today I discovered Gimp, which is like Photoshop, only free -- for reals -- like with all the fancy tools I don't know how to use and everything.

Then (thanks to Heather) I discovered the gorgeous (free!) clip art at Pugly Pixel, whose blog you can bet your booty went straight into my Google Reader.

Last night some inspiration came around 10 pm (doesn't it always?) so I stayed up late to sew. R stumbled out of the bedroom somewhere around 11 and mumbled, "You're staying up late, aren't you?" Yep. Crochet doilies, layers, ruffles, necklines, vintage details...all going into some new designs for springtime in the shop.

That is, if I can quit plastering digital deco tape all over everything long enough to get a little shuteye.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I too have Gimp and need to find some online tutorials so I can learn how to use it. (That is my goal this month.) There are TONS of free clip art and scrapbook kits out there if you start looking. My problem is that when I get looking I can't stop and I am up FOREVER downloading kits.

S said...

Looking more like a zine every day!