2.28.2011

quilting weather

Today’s forecast called for a 100% chance of something called wintry mix. If you’ve never experienced this, I’m very happy for you.



The Good Folks quilt returns! It is so delicious…the perfect thing to brighten up the bedroom in a rented house. I’ve (miraculously) sewn the binding to the front of the quilt, but hand-sewing it to the back is, shall we say, a work in progress.



March is my month in the Rosey Little Bee, and I have my heart set on creating something with this fun little stack of fabrics. I’m on the hunt for more solids and gray dots, too, and I think I might have found just the ticket.



The focus fabric is from a line of cult favorites called Munki Munki, which are sold as pajamas, then purchased, dismembered, and distributed by adoring Heather Ross groupies (I can say that ‘cause I’m one of ‘em).





When we got home from errands today, the girls rushed out to stand in ice-chunky, ankle-deep water. ‘Cause, you know, it’s fun.

6 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

you can do it, you can do it (on the binding)!

mosaicthinking said...

Wintery mix. Nope, never heard of it. I *have* heard of hand sewing binding to the back of a quilt though and did it myself recently. Having a deadline helped a lot. I must say I preferred the quality of the finish from hand sewing the binding down, rather than machining it, but I didn't enjoy the actual hand sewing that much. It took a while. Good luck with yours and keep at it.

Tara said...

We experienced that here yesterday too! School was cancelled and we stayed in our pajamas all day! Love all the fabric goodness!

S said...

Brrrrr! Can Miss M have some boots, too?!

anna said...

beautiful quilt and keep working on that binding, it'll get done sooner or later. :)

S said...

I'll help you stitch on that binding! Can't wait to see you...