2.10.2011

on shady street



I found a new-to-me thrift store yesterday -- one of those holes-in-the-wall that's been around forever (located, appropriately, on Shady Street) and hasn't raised their prices like some of the bigger chains. They were having a sale -- everything you can fit in a brown paper bag for $2. The girls were with me and we had all our snow gear on, so I didn't try anything on. The top two skirts fit really well (they're tea length skirts that look really cute belted at the waist!), but the other two are too short. Which makes me sad, because that blue dress would look really sweet with some red heels and a white belt. Now to figure out what to do with it!

3 comments:

Alison M said...

I <3 thrift store shopping! I have a purple plaid wool skirt just like your first one pictured and I love it in the cold wintertime! I found it at the Logan DI last winter.

I have yet to find the perfect thrift store here in Iowa. One has terrible prices but a few acceptable finds, another has awesome vintage sheets and green flower glass bowls every once in a while, and the other has scads of stuffed animals for Lizzy to pine after.

Louise said...

I love that blue spot. I bet you could cure the shortage on them by adding lace or embriodery Anglais around the bottom. I've done that to a couple of Thrifted dresses and its really given it a more vintagey feel and much more love-able.x

April said...

Oooo...you hit the jackpot in finding that store. I LOVE thrift store shopping.