2.25.2011

wings + muffins + birds + free



Butterfly wings and tutus were among the girls' first requests this morning. Before breakfast, even.



We made Dorie's Allspice Crumb Muffins yesterday, and they are delectable -- hot from the oven, at room temperature, or split, toasted, and spread with jam the next morning. Whether they are equally delicious at 9:30 pm the next day may be about to be tested.



Lizzy wanted to take some birdseed outside yesterday. She put the bowl on the ground, stepped back a few paces, and shouted, a la Frog and Toad, "Hey, birds! Here's some birdseed! You can come and eat some if you're hungry!"

Unrelated: I about peed my pants when I saw Katrina's post yesterday about the free images and textures available at Mellowmint and downloaded 10 zip files, which I just now remembered that I still need to organize in my desktop file.

Have a wonderful weekend!

{paper + stitches via Mikitoko}

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Cute title ;) My boy woke up this morning, got dressed and came to tell me he was going to go out and catch lizards. Lizards.

D said...

Well, yeah. Don't you always put your wings on first thing every morning?! I love how adorable those faces are. And ankle deep ice water - brrrrrrrr! How do kids LOVE it so much?