2.08.2011

february hibernation



I think this is what they were all talking about when they said that winter in this place is harsh.

The girls and I went out to the mailbox after lunch. They were whimpering by the time we got to the road.

My man is at the outdoor firing range today. All. day. long. I have a few words to say about that.

With wind chill, it is -11. At 3 pm.

Thankfully, we have no shortage of firewood, snacks, cartoons, or chocolate.

I just realized that I sound mad in this post -- I'm not. Just in hibernation mode -- the kind where you eat half a bag of cheddar pretzels without realizing it -- then you decide to go sit by the fire and eat some more. I don't hate winter just yet -- I'm not even sick of it just yet. It is so, so pretty here -- and it's hard to feel tired of that.

I have been on a Spring sewing rampage, though. Lots of tunics and minidresses and crochet/lace detail and vintage textiles galore.

7 comments:

Colima said...

I love your little banner there! It's super cute! I know what you mean about hibernating and chips although I usually pick Doritos! We've actually had a warm snap where it's like Spring, crazy!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Ah, what a cute collage!

Evelyn said...

Brrrr... Too cold! As much as I hate the rain here, I'm grateful that it rarely goes below freezing. Hope your hubby made it through the day okay!

Megan said...

I feel really cozy hearing about your fires and snacks and movies. Mmmmm. I'm hungry.

S said...

...looks like into the wardrobe to Narnia! I'm afraid we have lived a very sheltered life. Just think how glorious spring will be.

April said...

It sounds lovely to me...

Jenny said...

HaHa and I'm so tired of winter and longing for spring. Perhaps if I was at your house I'd change my mind....