4.13.2011

big spring dreams



Greenness is returning to our corner of the earth -- and with it, delicious birdsong a la Bambi. Tomatoes, squash, dahlias, and herbs are sprouting inside, and we planted chard and baby greens in our back-porch planters (and uncovered some lovely volunteer mint!). Our garden will be small as far as gardens go, but my history with gardening is not exactly illustrious, so small is good.

Unrelated, but has anyone read Zeitoun? Was it worthwhile? I have mixed feelings about Mr. Eggers' work (though I did meet him once at a book signing and he was very interesting), but this one made me curious.

Massive shop update in the works. I'll quit inundating you with cute pictures of my kids soon, promise. Though they are pretty cute, aren't they?

(Yes. The right answer is yes.)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Yes indeed.

jentrybarrett said...

I want more pictures of your kids, please.

muffin said...

I agree - more kidlets.

S said...

"Volunteer" mint? Oh my. Be prepared for a blissful volunteer army!

D said...

Gardening is amazingly fun. I really didn't expect it to be, so I'm happy that you get to have one!!! And I completely agree, don't stop showing off those cuties. I feel like M is quite grown up! It's nice to see pics so I know she's not still crawling around on the floor.

Tina G said...

Please keep the pictures coming! Love to see those kids!
Hoping to have a garden all my own. Just need o figure out what to grow and when to plant.