4.18.2011

making laundry happy

Do you guys know about the Fly Lady? I sucked at and despised and dreaded cleaning my house until I started the Fly Lady's cleaning regimen three weeks back. And seriously, no irony here -- I'm finding now that I love cleaning -- look forward to it, even, which still weirds me out a little.


Anyway, one of the cleaning missions this past week was to put a family picture in the laundry room. When it came down to it, I couldn't pick just one picture but also didn't want to monkey around with frames and nails and stuff (shudder. totally man's work in this house. anybody else, or am I the only unempowered non hammer-wielding woman around here?).


So, with the view of making it a quick project without any fuss or hauling out the sewing machine or anything, I grabbed some bias tape scraps, knotted them together, and clipped on the pictures along with some of my Grammie's hankies. Ta-daa!


Laundry room = happy place. Except that the laundry room is also the one room in the house that we still haven't unpacked. All in good time, all in good time. Anybody else have a fun happy place decorating idea to share? I'm really happy that I don't suck at cleaning anymore, but not sucking at decorating... let's just say that won't be such an easy fix.

7 comments:

natalie said...

i desperately need to make my laundry room into a happy place as well. great idea! :)

Cindy Swanson said...

I have a tiny laundry room that's pretty much a closet, but I've been realizing that I did to do something to spruce it up. This is a beautiful idea! And I definitely need to check into this Fly Lady person. I enjoy a clean house, but I definitely don't enjoy cleaning it! :)

Hope you'll stop by my blog and say hello!

Notes in the Key of Life

Flattail Family said...

Yes, we've known Flylady for a few years now. Not that you would guess if you were to see our place... Her routines are great if you can stick to them (which I obviously can't all the time, but I try).

D said...

LOVE this! You're hilarious about hammers and nails. =)

Belinda Lattimore said...

Oh, so making my laundry a happy place this week!! Love it thanks xo

Join me for a Cuppa…. | The Lattimore Acre said...

[...] get going and do the laundry…. but I did see this today to brighten the laundry!!  Thanks for stopping by while I had my [...]

Carolyn said...

Okay, I have to check this Fly Lady out (I've never heard of her) b/c I LOATHE cleaning!