4.01.2011

manly treats for manly men

So, my man is in the super-macho Contest of Champions today. It's a wrestling tournament they're having at work.

At work.



(The Army is so weird.)

I am all pumped up to take the girls and elbow my way between crazy sweating yelling cursing men -- can't you see it? just like a USU vs. BYU hockey game -- "HIT HIM!!!" -- but I digress -- because just like my rad sister in-law, I've always had a secret desire to see my husband get in a fight.



Mostly because I know he'll win. Or at least come close.

(He was a super wrestling champ in high school. Prom king, too. But that is another story. Ahem.)

Anyway, what I am really wanting to tell you about are the treats I made for the bake sale they're having. And the labels I made for said treats. Because what kind of infantryman says no to a Mr. T brownie? or a Chuck Norris cookie?



The cookies are good -- it's true -- but the brownies are to freaking die for. I had half a piece and moaned pretty much the whole time. You can find the recipe here by clicking on "click to look inside" and going to page 103.



I am irrationally excited about these labels -- they are all yours! -- so get in the kitchen and spiffy 'em up with Chuck Norris and Mr. T (click on images to download).



Go get 'em, sweetie!









7 comments:

muffin said...

HHHHAAAAAAAA!!!! So, i can't stop laughing about that. hahaha. Army is weird. I think we'll need the victory post with manly pose and growl. :)

Jenny said...

Ah yes, thanks again for the image when R was prom king. Those brothers of mine with their baby blue and was it pale yellow prom suits. And the frilly shirts, for pity sake frilly shirts. :-)

Shawna said...

I love it!!! Oh, I could go so many places with this...Ed's got a thing for Mr. T.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

You so totally crack me up! My husband would NEVER resist buying something with those labels. HILARIOUS and so genius!!!

ara jane said...

oh my goodness, i would kill (or just wrestle someone) for a mr. t peppermint patty brownie right now. that is, if it didn't give my sad pregnant body horrible heart burn. ah well, a girl can dream.

Alison M said...

I didn't think brownies could get any more awesome, and then you proved me wrong by putting Mr. T on them! But I couldn't pull up the recipe. :( It would only let me see the index pages.

amanda said...

There's a search function... type in "brownies" & see if you can get it that way (that's how I pulled it up). xoxo