4.15.2011

we're juicy

We really really really love juice. A while back we splurged on a fancypants juicer -- one of those things where your husband asks a dozen times, "Yes, but will we use it?" I am happy to say we are still using it. And I've talked about this before, I know, but this had to be documented -- because no one, and I mean no one, loves juice in our house more than Miss Maren.
(She was sitting on my lap while editing this post and pointed at the screen, yelling, "Maren! JUICE!!")

She will chug her own juice as fast as she can, then go on a treasure hunt for Lizzy's cup, which is invariably dumped, half-finished, in some obscure corner of the house.

Our favorite formula: 1-2 apples + 1-2 oranges + 5-6 carrots + 1/3 fennel + tiny knob ginger = bliss. I'm keen to try some other combos, though -- you know, research for when we open that hippy juice bar in Utah.

11 comments:

melissa said...

I have a "fancy" juicer, too. Aren't they great??? We use a LOT of lemon juice at our house so I juice a 3# bag at a time for lemonade, lemon chicken, tea and so forth. I store it in a glass jar and it keeps for a month or more. Whatever juice I am concocting is always better when it has Granny Smith apples added:) Love them!!!

Jillian said...

My heart jumped up and down when you said you might open a hippie juice bar in Utah...could you, would you? ;)

muffin said...

CUTE. Is that a 'chick' she is holding :)

amanda said...

It's a pipe dream, but hey, I can dream... :)

amanda said...

That is such a good idea! And it just so happens that I have a bunch of lemons that I have no idea what to do with...so thanks! Ka-ching! :D

amanda said...

Oh yes. They are still in high favor around here. :)

jentrybarrett said...

Can I run that juice bar with you? The thought of us in aprons head scarves and sticky up to our elbows makes me blissfully happy.

amanda said...

J, That makes me smile just thinking about it.

jessica Anerson said...

oh heavens! you may have just made me want to get a juicer! what kind do you have? ..... that sounds superb! (and it would be better if I could spell that work right) ... ok fixed it, spell check people!

I was so behind! what wonderful posts you have! I am glad that you have thawed and that M. will never ever get foot fungus!

miss you guys!

Tina G said...

I so want to get a juicer! That juice is chalk full of nutrients that store bought juice isn't. And the taste isn't even close to comparable! One of these days...

S said...

That second photo is you, A, as a toddler if I ever saw one!