3.28.2011

a makeupey mood

If you know me in person, you know I'm not a huge makeup wearer. On my wedding day, my sister had to all but hog tie me to get (what she said was) a decent amount of makeup on me. I may or may not have been muttering something about the whores of Babylon. Not in reference to my sister, of course. And that wedding-day makeup? Still usin' it. Seven years strong, baby. Ahem.

So it's not often that I buy new makeup. And when I do, it's not the fancy stuff. Anyway, I bought some today and I really like it, so I thought I'd share! First up is Neutrogena's revitalizing lip balm in soft caramel, which goes on silky and has just enough color to keep me looking alive (not an easy feat in this weather).



I also got some Maybelline Expert Wear in charcoal smokes, which I love because it has "base," "lid," "crease," "outer corner," and "liner" stamped into the little eyeshadow trays. There's even a numbered diagram on the back. Totally awesome if you're a makeup idiot (points to self). It's an easy way to give your eyes that sultry smoky look (at least that's what I'm hoping).



And just for fun, Pure Ice nail polish in siren -- el cheapo polish that's good for a red kick. I don't wear polish often, either -- a boy in high school complimented my lack of nail polish once, and for some reason I always think of that when I paint my nails. Silly, I know.



And you? Have you discovered any fabulous beauty products lately, drugstore or otherwise?

(Totally unrelated, but I am flipping my wig over this salted caramel ice cream recipe. Must find evaporated cane juice at the health food store tomorrow.)

7 comments:

Jillian said...

I love, love, love the Physicians Formula Mineral Foundation & bronzer. It takes me all of minutes to swish some of each on, and I look like I spent forever. And, after trial and error, I have finally found a mascara that doesn't burn, and doesn't run on my oily eyes (which is a blessing long term...people with naturally oily eyelids don't wrinkle as fast!), and that is Clinique. Spendy, but I wait until their buy so much get something free deals. Hmmm, I might have to make a post about how "simple" makeup can be... ;)

S said...

wanna go for a pedicure?!

muffin said...

Wait.... who is this? Whose hijacked your blog??

D said...

You're adorable. I used to wear colored nail polish all. the. time. And then, I don't know, I just didn't love it any more. I like the clear nail polish on my fingers, but I'm not crazy about color. Now toenails, that's SO different! They need a little color. =) I'd love to see a little smokey eye on you. Whenever I try to do that it looks like I let Elyse do it for me.

Erin Bigler said...

I pay big bucks for Kiehls moisturizer and Origins "Fringe Benefits" mascara. I used to spend a lot of money on MAC lipstick too until I discovered L'Oreal's Infallable line. Their glosses and lipsticks last for HOURS and only cost about $5 so you can get 5-6 shades for the price of one tube of MAC.

katie said...

Those high school boys! Little did they know of the power they had over us! A boy I liked said that he liked girls with long fingernails. I stopped biting my nails (a nasty habit) right away :)

lara said...

I really appreciate Physician's Formula Healthy Wear face powder. It's an SPF 50-- definitely needed in this AZ sunshine! And I will never ever live without my good ole trusty cherry flavored chapstick!