3.17.2011

tutorial: finishing raw edges without a serger


Hi guys. Today I've got a video tutorial on how to finish raw fabric edges with a regular sewing machine. The background music for the video popped into my head a few weeks ago along with a little voice saying, "You know this would make great background music for a tutorial, right?" I shot it late at night on a bad hair day -- that's North Country chic to you. I have been really overdue for a haircut and finally got one today, glory be. But that is neither here nor there. Hope you enjoy!

10 comments:

Teresa Satterwhite said...

That was awesome! Love the music!

April said...

Gotta love the Nacho Libre music!

S said...

Fun!

Nicole said...

hot dang. I LOVE this!! : )

D said...

I my goodness, I love you!

Erin said...

You are the best! I usually use my mother-in-law's serger when needed, but I've been wondering how to do without.

shannon said...

oh my gosh...i laughed out loud when i go to the part in this video when you wrote that it might not be perfect, but it will save you $300 bucks. so true! :) thanks so much for sharing this with us! :)

henna_hands said...

I love your style... just discovered you from sew, mama, sew! You are all kinds of awesome!

Dalya said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial!

I love your sense of humor and sewing style!

Jenn said...

PERFECT!...I needed this tut...RIGHT NOW! How did you know? *wink*