3.07.2011

snacks and books for cozy days







It's true, Oriental flavored Ramen is my very favorite snack, and -- apart from a lasting affair with melted cheddar on rice cakes -- it always has been (incidentally, it is one of the few foods on earth that R hates). I add carrot, celery, scallion, sesame oil, and today, a handful of spinach, to mine.

We are normally not book-buying people. But our micro-library was having some trouble getting a few titles I wanted, and I found them used for good prices. It is an untold luxury to have a huge stack of new books that are all mine -- no due dates here, my friends.

Rained all Saturday. Snowed all Sunday and straight through the night. Blah.

7 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

The snow looks beautiful - from here. You'll have to tell me if any of those fiction books are real winners. I need choices for book club! Also, if you are going to the Sewing Summit let me know. I'm lookin for a roomie...

Erin Bigler said...

You'll love Guns Germs and Steel. National Geographic did a good job turning into a mini-series too--you can find it on Netflix.

ara jane said...

oh, how i love a good stack of books! i quite liked the good thief. a compelling story and a great read!

Erin said...

Thanks for the book ideas! I'm always searching for new and lovely books to read :)

gatherparadise said...

Almost spring one entry and it snows 19 inches the next! Looks like you are living in quite a lovely place.

Cuddling up inside to books while it snows is my favorite. Enjoy.

jane said...

Love that sunny little stack of books. And the snow sure looks beautiful, even though I am certain you are tired of it by now.

Tara said...

I order my books through interlibrary loan. It's just hard to find some of the newer ones. Yes, the snow is getting to me too! I'm just worried about all the mud that is going to follow and trying to get to the chicken coop without slidding and falling in all that mess!